Published 21st of June 2014
As an Author on PitchStock you have responsibilities to us and buyers of your items. Please take the time to review these Author Terms carefully.
When we say ‘you‘ in these Author Terms we are referring to you, the author.
Read on for details about your author responsibilities, the process of selling your items on PitchStock and how you can earn money with us.
Becoming an Author
Becoming an author is free: Becoming an author and putting your items up on PitchStock is free but there is a review process before your items go live. There are a few things you promise in exchange for the right to be an author, which are outlined in these Author Terms.
How selling your items works
When you ‘sell’ an item, you’re making your item available to buyers to use that item under certain conditions; you’re not actually selling the item itself. What you’re selling is a license directly to the buyer to use that item under the various types of license terms that we set that are applicable to your items.
Your earnings; platform fee: When your item is sold on PitchStock, you will earn the item price less a 30% platform fee that we charge.
Review: When you think you’ve created an item suitable for PitchStock, you will submit that item to us to check the quality and whether it contains adequate information for buyers. We have rules about what we accept and don’t accept and you can read up on these in our author-related PitchStock information. Although we always like to provide constructive feedback we’re not obliged to give you any reasons for rejecting your item. We have the final say on whether items are accepted on PitchStock.
Your promises and responsibilities:
As an author you promise to us and each buyer of your items that:
- you own or have rights to use the intellectual property rights in that item and that item does not infringe the intellectual property rights of a third party;
- the item is not false, inaccurate, misleading, fraudulent, unlawful or defamatory;
- the item does not violate any applicable law or regulation (including those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, criminal law, pornography, anti-discrimination, trade practices or fair trading);
- the item does not contain viruses or other computer codes, files or programs which are designed to limit or destroy the functionality of other computer software or hardware.
As an author you promise to us that you will:
- not use PitchStock to offer non-PitchStock items to buyers;
- not buy your own items;
- follow any author guidelines provided by us, act in good faith, and provide assistance and co-operation as we reasonably request;
Buyers’ use of your item: We are not liable for any loss suffered by you as a result of a buyer making use of your item contrary to PitchStock Terms or the item’s license.
Our use of your item: We may use the whole or part of your items to promote PitchStock. This promotional use may include use in public relations, emails, on a features page, or on other sites (e.g. social networks). No compensation is payable for these uses.
Item removal: We have the right to remove an item for any reason, using our reasonable discretion. For example, we may review the libraries to keep PitchStock fresh and full of quality items that meet the latest technical standards and market trends. Also, issues about an item might be brought to our attention such as errors, representations, or even violations. Our goal is always to address these situations with you constructively. We also aim to give you notice before an item is removed, but this is not always feasible or possible, so we can’t guarantee this. We will not be responsible for any loss that you may suffer as a result of your item being removed.